Yesterday’s Sermon was about money – Where is your treasure?
4 tests for treasure:
1. Durability Test- How long will it last? Do we do our banking here or in Heaven? Make your deposits into the “1st bank of Heaven”. 2 things last for eternity, The Word and People. Invest in people.
2. Heart Test – Where do you invest your time and money? Your heart follows your treasure.
3. Mind Test – Where is your focus? On things above or things below?
4. Master Test- Whom do you serve? God or Mammon? Mammon is a proper noun – a deity – it rivals God for prominence in our life. Mammon is a false god that makes false promises of security, power, hope… Things that only God Almighty can give us. (google images of mammon – it even looks like a demon)
I know these should be on the prayer tab but I can’t post them there.
1. Thom’s friend Aaron – his dad had a massive heart attack yesterday and is in a coma. Looks like he was without oxygen for about 5 mins. Doesn’t look good.
2. One of the babies in our church, Daniel, has an infection and high fever. Spent most of last night at the hospital, if he doesn’t get better within a day or so, they are going to remove his tonsils.
Thanks for praying with me!
For we all stumble in many ways. If anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to bridle the whole body as well. Now if we put the bits into the horses’ mouths so that they will obey us, we direct their entire body as well. Look at the ships also, though they are so great and are driven by strong winds, are still directed by a very small rudder wherever the inclination of the pilot desires. So also the tongue is a small part of the body, and yet it boasts of great things.
See how great a forest is set aflame by such a small fire! And the tongue is a fire, the very world of iniquity; the tongue is set among our members as that which defiles the entire body, and sets on fire the course of our life, and is set on fire by hell. For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil and full of deadly poison. With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the likeness of God; from the same mouth come both blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be this way. Does a fountain send out from the same opening both fresh and bitter water? Can a fig tree, my brethren, produce olives, or a vine produce figs? Nor can salt water produce fresh. James 3:2-12
If being a slave to sin has left you broken and bruised, and you find your life is in pieces… my Master loves you and if you let Him, He’ll take the pieces of your life and turn them into a beautiful mosaic. My Master invites all who are weary and heavy burdened to come to Him and find rest, because His yoke is easy and His burden is light. And when you become a slave to my Master, He makes you His son (daughter). Pastor Kyle Idleman – notafan.com
“And He was saying to them all, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it.” Luke 9:23-24 NASB